7 Day Yoga Retreat Malaga
Yoga in the Spanish Mountains
5- 11 september 2022
In de Malaga Mountains between Periana and Alfarnateo lays the beautiful Cortijo las Monjas. It is here where Almu the owner of Cortjio las Monjas and I together with Tiziana our Sound Chef, welcome you and will take care of you, so you can unwind, relax, start and enjoy your process, rest and recharge yourself. So after 7 days of abundance you will leave this beautiful place all revived, refreshed and recharged.
Doreen is very clear in her instructions in her classes, she spends time explaining how you can best perform the poses listening to your own body and edges. This way you will not over extend or ask too much of your body. She has a pleasant and nice voice, she radiates knowledge and passion. The different styles of yoga were great fun to get acquainted with and the variety of indoor and outdoor yoga sessions were new and exciting.
A week to unwind, relax and recharge
A week full of relaxation and time for yourself, to check in with yourself and to come back to your essence. We will indulge you in a bath of wonderful yoga sessions, massages, a big private swimming pool, a beautiful garden and amazing vegetarian and vegan food cooked by Top Sound Chef Tiziana. Our goal is to let you leave the beautiful mountains all relaxed, happy, reenergised, full abundance and well rested.
We will be practicing balancing breathwork and meditations, yin yoga, yin yang yoga, yoga nidra, gentle flows, sun salutations and of course I have some special sessions for you planned.
Your will have lots of free time to swim in the beautiful private swimming pool, enjoy the beautiful garden, go for a hike, guided if you like, visit the beach that is 40 minutes away or maybe you like to visit the Buddha Temple or a village nearby.
Tiziana will prepare beautiful healthy and detoxing meals and they are art in itself.
I will build up the yoga, breathwork, meditation sessions, so you can ease into the week and are able to unwind, relax and recharge. This week is for all levels, beginners to advanced, I will adjust alle practices accordingly. I like to give everyone enough attention and energy, therefor I love working with small groups, for this week we will be with max 12 people.
I am looking forward to welcome you at the Cortijo las Monjas and give you a week that can help you set new goals, let go of old habits that hold you back to start long wished for plans. Finally take time to rest and tune in to what is, so you can tab into your essence and be in the here and now. I will give you tools that you can easily use when needed in stressful or busy situations in your daily life this way you will become more healthy in body and mind.
Everything we have planned for you!
- 1-2 yoga sessions a day in the beautiful Shala or in the garden
- healthy, feel good, detoxing, vegetarian + vegan meals
- dinner on arrival day, brunch on departure day
- a beautiful yin yoga session on arrival day
- a healing sound bath & singing bowls session
- a complimentary cupping massage / gua sha treatment
- option to book extra (reiki/sound bowl) massages
- silent walk with qi cong / yoga
- sunrise meditations with balancing and healing breathwork on the beautiful mountain
- a special Full Moon Evening Yin & Nidra Yoga session outside in the garden
- private swimming pool and garden
- an extra surprise to take home
- plenty of free time, to hike, walk, read books, sleep, swim, go to the beach or smaller villages, visit Stupa the biggest Buddhist Temple in Benalmadena or just rest
The location: Cortijo las Monjas
The Cortjio las Monjas has a rich history, more than III centuries of antiquity and has been totally restored. It has several small Spanish apartments, a studio and 2 single rooms with private bathrooms. A big square in front with a patio and a beautiful patio in the back. Olive groves all around and hike trails you can wonder. The a 360 view around these beautiful Malaga Mountains where the Cotjio is, will amaze you and will give you already that peaceful, relaxing vibe and energy the moment you step out of the car by arrival.
We will enjoy landscapes of extraordinary beauty, a fabulous climate, the beautiful shala, garden and swimming pool, it is the tranquility that is breathed in the environment, it is a friendly and welcoming treatment for yourself and all people that visit the Cortjio las Monjas.
It lays 45 minutes from Malaga Centre, 40 minutes from Torre del mar Beach, 1 hour from Torcal de Antequera and Caminito del Rey.
Free wifi is available.
Lugar Cortijo las Monjas s/n,
Carretera MA 4102 Km. 7.1,
29710 Periana (Málaga)
The Rooms at Cortijo las Monjas
All rooms and apartments are in a Spanish style from the Cortjio las Monjas, the 2 single private rooms are more new in their style.
EARLY BIRDS PRICES WILL BE AVAILABLE TILL 31TH OF JULY 2022
- Single Studio Rooms with private bathrooms, shower and toilet, comfy chairs and table. €1195,-
- Single Studio Apartment with private terrace, kitchenette comfy chairs and table, private bathroom with shower and toilet €1275,-
- Shared Studio Apartment with private terrace , kitchenette, comfy chairs and table, private bathroom with shower and toilet. €1075,-p.p.
- Shared Spanish Apartment, with private terrace, shared living room, bathroom shower and toilet and kitchen, with 2 beds in shared room (in consultation some apartments can be rearranged to have 2 separate “bed”rooms) €1095,-p.p.
- Single use Spanish Apartment, with private terrace, living room, bedroom, bathroom, shower, toilet and kitchen. Private use €1375,- (shared use for a couple / or friends is possible)
All prices are included fresh bed linen and towels.
If you have questions I am happy to help you with your choice, you can send me a message.
I attended Doreen’s retreat in the French Alps. When I came I had a lot of back pain and complaints. After a couple of yoga sessions, the pain became less and less. Doreen had a lot of attention for everyone and gave adjustments when needed. She checks in with you during the practices, to see if you are ok and everything goes and feels good. She makes you feel comfortable and that’s the reason I felt no hesitation to ask her questions. Doreen taught me new things and taught me other styles of yoga. Her voice is so good and super nice. During Nidra and Yin I sometimes even fell asleep. The Ultimate relaxation!! After a week I came home with less back pain, rested and with so much more energy
What a day would look like
- Optional Sunrise meditation
- Morning tea and fruits
- Morning yoga (flow or yin yang)
- Free time
- late lunch (available)
- late afternoon yoga (yin) / freetime
- Free time
- Time to relax or yoga (nidra / yin)
Non of the activities are mandatory. You can choose if and when you want to participate, it is your retreat.
Special acitivities that are planned
- Healing Sound bath & Singing bowls session
- Cupping / Gua sha massage
- Full Moon Yin Yoga Yoga Nidra
- Silent walk with Qi Cong / Yoga
Special activities that can be booked extra
- Guided hike
- Transfer for Yoga on the beach / beach day
- Private Healing Sound bowl session by Tiziana
Sound Bath by Sound Chef Tiziana
Our Sound Chef Tiziana will take us on a special healing ‘Sound & Gong bath/ journey’
A Sound Journey/Bath is a gentle, yet powerful, experience for the mind and body. Simply listen to the harmonious, overtone-rich sounds of the singing bowls they are pleasant, calming, and relaxing!
What is a Sound Journey or Sound Bath?
After a short Introduction to how Sound Vibration works in the body and setting of intentions, the experience begins with each person lying down or seated in a comfortable position. Through the tapping of Tibetan Bowls a deep sense of relaxation is induced whilst guided by Tiziana´s voice and anchored guiding relaxation with focus on the breath. The sounds are created by a variety of overtone-emitting instruments including Tibetan Bowls (using Peter Hess® Sangha Bowls) and Crystal Singing Bowls, Ocean drum, Tam Tam Gong, Phase drum, Monochord, chimes, and voice.
The Intention of the experience is to invite deep rest and relaxation, reset, grounding, balancing, centering and connecting with our “inner wisdom” exploring self-inquiry and self-discovery. A Sound Bath experience is unique and each participant will experience different sensations, emotions depending on how open they are to the experience.
The sound of harmonic vibrations created by singing bowls, gongs and other overtone-emitting instruments are intended to stimulate the alpha and theta brain waves. This sound impacts the sympathetic nervous system as brain waves synchronise to the vibrations of the bowls. These waves are associated with deep meditative and peaceful states that are highly conducive to healing.
Some thoughts on what to bring
- warm clothes for colder mornings / evenings (layers)
- scarf, small blanket
- hiking shoes (if you like to hike)
- swimmingpool towel
- water bottle
- small backpack or bag
- notebook and pen
- warm socks for yin and nidra
- cap or hat
- if you prefer your own yogamat
Your travel arrangements are not included in the price.
Flights to Malaga are easily booked by Transavia, Vueling or KLM.
If you like to use the shared transfer we advise you to book a morning flight as the shared transfer will only ride once between 12.30-13.30 ish exact time depending on all flights.
Monday 5 th of September: Check in is from 3 pm
Sunday 11 th of September: Check out is at 12 pm
Shared transfer back to the airport or Malaga City. We advise to take the late afternoon flights, as we will have yoga in the morning on the last day and will finish with a beautiful brunch before you leave, there will be a transfer that afternoon.
Costs of the shared transfer are €30,- single way, €60,- return.
You can also rent a car as you may like to take day trips, for example to the beach or go and visit the Buddha Temple. If you like to explore the area renting a car is advised.
Extra days in Malaga
Malaga is a great city to stay an extra day or two before or after your retreat. It is a nice extension of your week. If you want to join in the shared transfer we can also have you picked up or brought to the centrum of Malaga instead of the airport.
What’s included and what’s not
- 1-2 yoga sessions a day
- 3 healthy freshly cooked meals a day
- fruits, nuts, snacks all day
- tea water coffee
- welcome drink and dinner on arrival day
- brunch on deprature day
- yoga mats, blocks, meditation, cushion, blanket
- room, fresh bedlinnen towels
- swimmingpool towel on request
- private swimming pool
- big garden for you to enjoy
- free wifi
- healing Sountbath & Singing bowls session
- a gliding cupping massage or gua sha treatment
- silent meditation walk with Qi Cong
- sunrise mediation and breathwork
- full moon breathwork, yin and yoga nidra session
Non of the activities are mandatory.
- travel arrangements, flight and transfers
- travel insurrance
Special activities that can be booked extra
- guided hike
- transfer for yoga on the beach / beach day
- private healing sound bowl session by Tiziana
Booking & payment conditions
You can book your spot and requested room or apartment through my booking system. It is here where you can also book your transfer(s) if you like to use this option.
You can choose to pay all in once or in 3 terms. If you prefer to pay in 3 terms you can secure your spot with the payment of a deposit of € 250,-. This can be done under the Book Retreat button. After you paid the whole amount or the deposit you will recieve your booking confirmation for your Yoga Retreat Malaga.
When you book you agree with my general terms & conditions.
With a minimum of 8 participants and a max of 12 participants.
Hope you will join us on this wonderful journey and special retreat.